Dolphin Quest offers an internship program which is designed to assist current college students, or recent college graduates, interested in gaining valuable hands-on experience that will be beneficial for pursuing a career involving marine mammals. Interns work directly with trainers, educators, and other Crew Members, while assisting with a variety of day-to-day operations. This year we will be offering this incredible hands-on program at our Bermuda site only.
Marine Mammal Training Internship – download a complete description
Marine Conservation Education Internship – download a complete description
- At least 18 years of age
- Be a current college Sophomore, Junior, Senior or above. Applicants who have been out of college for more than a year are not eligible.
- College course work relevant to the internship (e.g. biology, marine science, psychology, animal science) is required.
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
- Experience speaking in front of groups.
- Have strong swimming skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the internship which includes working outdoors in all-weather elements and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be financially responsible for food, lodging and transportation.
- Must be able to commit to the entire internship program. Please note the start and end dates of the session to which you are applying.
Internship Application Requirements
Completed application packets must arrive no later than 5:00 pm PST on the final deadline date. Applications that are incomplete or arrive after the final deadline will not be considered. All application materials must be sent electronically.
Internship Application - Please check back in mid-August for updated application process for 2015 sessions.
Completed application packet must include:
- A completed application
- A one page cover letter (12 point font, 1 inch margin) briefly describing your past experience as it relates to the internship.
- A resume describing your academic background and work experience.
- An unofficail transcript of your college/university work including, if applicable, courses in progress. If your university is not in the U.S., an explanation for the grading system must be included. Any information not in English must be translated.
- One letter of recommendation from one of the individuals listed on your application. This letter may be included in your completed packet or emailed to Dolphin Quest. Note: the letters must arrive prior to the final deadline.
|Back to top|
Interns may be able to make arrangements with their university or college to gain academic credit. Students will need to speak to their university counselor or advisor for information. Dolphin Quest will assist with any necessary paperwork to support students in gaining academic credit while here.
Download and review the general information and additional details about our internship program. This also includes basic information about housing options and cost of living.
|2014 - Session 3||Marine Mammal Training||9/8/2014 to
|July 11, 2014|
|2015 - Session 1||Marine Mammal Training||1/5/2015 to
|October 17, 2014|
|2015 - Session 2||Marine Mammal Training||5/18/2015 to
|February 27, 2015|
|2015 - Session 2||Marine Conservation Education||5/18/2015 to
|February 27, 2015|
|2015 - Session 3||Marine Mammal Training||9/7/2015 to
|June 19, 2015|
|Back to top|